This issue includes a sermon by Fr. Bradford and articles and writings by noted authors, as well as news and notes for our combined congregation and community and announcements of upcoming events:
- “It Is the Lord,” a sermon preached by Father Bradford
- “The Fundamental Proclamation of the Christian Faith,” a sermon delivered by Father Romanus Cessario, OP, Professor of Systematic Theology in St John Seminary, Brighton, and Senior Editor of Magnificat magazine.
- “What You Have to Decide,” an excerpt from In Soft Garments by Monsignor Ronald Knox (1888-1957), a convert and English Catholic priest, author, broadcaster on the BBC, and Chaplain at Oxford University
- “Saint Mark the Evangelist and Martyr,” an article from Athletes of God by Father Shirley C. Hughson, OHC (1867-1949), Superior of the Anglican Order of the Holy Cross
- “In the Joy of Meeting Again,” an excerpt from Mark: Meditations for a Community by Adrienne von Speyer, a Swiss Catholic, physician, and theologian
- “But the Father Favored Him,” a brief meditation by His Holiness Benedict XVI, part of a collection titled Holy Days
- “The Greatest Amnesty of All,” an excerpt from a lecture Sean Patrick Cardinal O’Malley, our Archbishop, delivered to the School of Theology and Ministry in Boston College titled The Eucharist and Our Formation as the People of the Church
- “A Table Blessing” attributed to Saint Athanasius
- “Easter,” a poem by George Herbert (1593-1633), among the finest poets of the Church of England
- “The Story That Ends Well” by Father Vincent Nagle, F.S.C.B., an author, guest preacher, and contributor to Magnificat magazine
To receive Contra Mundum by mail, please email Susan Russo, the editor, with your address.