This issue begins with a timely article on the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It also contains articles and writings by contemporary and classic authors as well as announcements of upcoming events and news and notes for our combined congregation and community.
This month’s contents include:
- “June is the Month of the Sacred Heart,” an extract from The Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus by the Revd H. Noldin, S.J. in 1883 and published in the June, 2016 issue of The Oratory Parish Magazine, the parish paper of the Brompton (London) Oratory
- “The Ratzinger Diagnosis,” an article by George Weigel, Distinguished Senior Fellow of the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington, D.C. and published in the April 26, 2019 edition of The Pilot
- “The Preciousness of the Sacrifice,” a sermon preached by Father Bradford in St Theresa of Ávila Church on May 9, 2019
- “Whom the Gods Would Destroy They First Make Mad,” an article by Fr Bradford reflecting on an editorial by Abigail Shrier in the May 3, 2019 edition of the Wall Street Journal
- “The Fear of the Lord,” an extract from his expositions of the Psalms by Saint Hilary (c.310-c.367), Bishop of Poitiers; Hilary is a Doctor of the Church and sometimes called the “Athanasius of the West”