The name of our parish paper, Contra Mundum, comes from the Latin phrase “Athanasius contra mundum” meaning “Athanasius against the world.” This phrase described our patron saint even in his own time, as he stood firmly for the fullness of the faith.
Fr. Bradford and the Congregation of Saint Athanasius have published Contra Mundum monthly since 1998 to provide religious instruction and news of the congregation. Contra Mundum includes articles and sermons by Fr. Bradford, articles and other writings by noted classic and contemporary authors, news and notes for the congregation, and announcements of upcoming events.
Parishioners as well as many outside the congregation subscribe. To receive a printed copy of Contra Mundum by mail, email the editor, Susan Russo, with your address.
This year’s issues follow. The archives with all of the back issues are here.
- “The Profoundly Supernatural Character” by The Provost of the Brompton (London) Oratory
- “The Power of Prayer” by Tertullian
- “A Proof of the Truth” by Saint John Chrysostom
- “A Redemptive Function to Perform” by C. S. Lewis
- “On the Love of God” by Saint Bernard
- “Martyrdom of Love” by Saint Jane Frances deChantal
- “A Change of Heart” by Father Bradford