The name of our parish paper, Contra Mundum, comes from the Latin phrase “Athanasius contra mundum” meaning “Athanasius against the world.” This phrase described our patron saint even in his own time, as he stood firmly for the fullness of the faith.
Fr. Bradford and the Congregation of Saint Athanasius have published Contra Mundum monthly since 1998 to provide religious instruction and news of the congregation. Contra Mundum includes articles and sermons by Fr. Bradford, articles and other writings by noted classic and contemporary authors, news and notes for the congregation, and announcements of upcoming events.
Parishioners as well as many outside the congregation subscribe. To receive a printed copy of Contra Mundum by mail, email the editor, Susan Russo, with your address.
This year’s issues follow. The archives with all of the back issues are here.
- “The Profoundly Supernatural Character” by The Provost of the Brompton (London) Oratory
- “The Power of Prayer” by Tertullian
- “A Proof of the Truth” by Saint John Chrysostom
- “A Redemptive Function to Perform” by C. S. Lewis
- “On the Love of God” by Saint Bernard
- “Martyrdom of Love” by Saint Jane Frances deChantal
- “A Change of Heart” by Father Bradford
- “A Month of Marian Celebration” by The Provost of the Brompton (London) Oratory
- “Please Help Save the Hyde Amendment”
- “Hospitality and the Works of Charity” from from Homily 23 by Pope St. Gregory the Great
- “The Patient Approach of Divine Wisdom,” a sermon by Father Bradford
- “You Don’t Have to Keep It in Church” by William A Donahue
- “The Whole Truth about Christ” by John Janaro
- “Pleased with Mary, God Gave Her the Word” by Saint Catherine of Siena
- “A Report from Our Business Manager” submitted by Rick Timmerman, Finance and Operations Manager
- “Intimacy with God” by Father Bradford
- “Books for Your Consideration”
- “To Shine Like Gold” by Father Victor de la Vierge, OCD
- “Even Antichrist Has a Guardian Angel” by Dom Anscar Vonier, OSB
- “Enamored of Smallness” by Luis Maria Martinez
- “She Knew Where She Was Going,” a sermon preached by Father Bradford
- “Saint Who?” from Magnificat
- “The Communion of Saints” by Father Richard Phelps, SSC