Fr. Richard Bradford and the Congregation of Saint Athanasius have published Contra mundum, our parish paper, monthly since 1998 to provide religious instruction and news of the congregation.
The name of our parish paper, Contra mundum, comes from the Latin phrase “Athanasius contra mundum” meaning “Athanasius against the world.” This phrase described our patron saint even in his own time, as he stood firmly for the fullness of the faith.
- “God vs Caesar,” a homily preached by Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco, President of the Italian Episcopal Conference
- “Rest in Peace – Bruce Rand” by Father Bradford
- “Blessed Are the Peacemakers,” a letter by Father Daniel P. Moloney, former chaplain at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- “Christian Rights and Those of Others” by Father Bradford
- “Revisiting Evangelium Vitae,” an article by Dr Helen Alvaré reprinted from The Helpers of God’s Precious Infants newsletter
- “For the Sake of Doing Good, a sermon by Father Bradford
- “The Whole Christ,” an excerpt of a sermon by Blessed Isaac of Stella
- “Mary’s Assumption,” a poem by Fr Alfred J. Barrett, SJ
Our online archives are here.