In addition to our regular weekly schedule we often have seasonal events and special liturgies:
Stations of the Cross & Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, Fridays at 7:30 pm
Please join us during this holy season for a series of traditional Lenten Devotions. Each set of Stations will be accompanied by a different set of Meditations and a Homily will be delivered before the Benediction Service. Our final service is Friday, March 23rd at St. Lawrence Church.
Bible Study before Mass
Bible Study is offered at 10:15 right at Saint Lawrence Church before Mass. The group meets every second and fourth Sunday in the left-hand Sacristy. Bring your Bible and check out this friendly and informative group.
- March 25th — Book of Psalms
- April 8th — Book of Psalms
Holy Week Schedule
- Sunday, March 25, 11:30 AM — Palm Sunday: Blessing and Distribution of Palms, Solemn Procession, the Reading of the Passion, Solemn Mass, and Sermon.
- Wednesday, March 28, 7:30 PM — Tenebrae: Candlelight service of chanted psalms and lessons begins in light and ends in total darkness; it is a beautiful way to enter into contemplation of the great mysteries by which our Salvation was accomplished. Almost entirely Scriptural and non-Eucharistic, it is also a good service to attend with your non-Catholic friends—Episcopalian, Anglican, or Evangelicals—interested in experiencing liturgical worship.
- Thursday, March 29, 7:00 PM — Holy Thursday: The Mass of the Lord’s Supper is offered in the Ordinary Form.
- Friday, March 30, 3:00 PM — The Good Friday Liturgy: The Reading of the Passion, the Solemn Collects, Veneration of the Cross, and the Mass of the Pre-sanctified Elements.
- Saturday, March 31, 9:00 AM — The Altar Service.
- Saturday, March 31, 7:30 PM — The Great Easter Vigil: Blessing of the Paschal Candle, the Prophecies, Renewal of Baptismal Vows, Solemn Mass, and Sermon.
- Sunday, April 1st, 11:30 AM — Easter Sunday Mass: Solemn Procession, Solemn Mass, and Sermon.
All are at St. Lawrence Church in Chestnut Hill.
In Case of Snow
Please be careful. The church parking lot will be scraped and treated prior to the 9:00 am Mass. You should make your own assessment of driving conditions before driving to Mass.